Investigative Services are serious about keeping your personal details private.
We are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service; We want to protect your privacy. Outlined below is information that we are required to provide and communicate to our customers. We recommend that you retain this information for future reference.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, phone number/s, email address, bank account or credit card details, and occupation. We also hold details of your purchases or transactions for sales or services given by Investigative Services.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the quality of services you require, to your satisfaction.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals such as your authorised representatives. If so, you are required to inform those individuals that a) you are providing their personal information to us, and b) to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information, in a number of ways, from:
• You: when you provide your personal details through our web site, on the phone, or through email;
• Third parties such as our dealers, resellers, credit reporting agencies or your associates or representatives;
• Publically available sources of information;
• Our Purchases of Goods and Services records with Investigative Services;
• When legally required to do so i.e. for Identity Checks.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
• Verify your identity;
• Help provide appropriate goods, services and product information;
• Manage provided services including invoicing and collecting debts;
• Provide updated product information;
• Conduct appropriate credit-worthiness or fraud checks;
• Develop and improve our products and services.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
In order to provide the quality of service you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Investigative Services. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
• Customer enquiries;
• Mailing operations;
• Billing and debt-recovery functions;
• Market research;
• Web site usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations and confidentiality in regard to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
• Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
• Credit-reporting, fraud-checking agencies, and credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
• Our dealers, related companies, and professional advisers, such as our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• The government, regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
• Organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) as well as those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends on the information you provide. That is why it is important that you a) let us know if there are any errors contained within your personal information, and b) keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal details such as your name/s or address.
You Can Access Your Personal Information
Subject to some lawful exceptions, you have a right to access your personal information. If you would like to do so, please let us know. For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing.